High, I'm your latest Mod

This board is a place for all people to discuss Cannabis. Sharing of genetics via PM is allowed and encouraged as long as you are sending and receiving genetics from within Canada, and adhere to all Canadian regulations. Sending of genetics outside of Canada is forbidden and will get you banned. Any illegal activity will get you banned as well.
LabRat
Flowering

High, I'm your latest Mod

Post by LabRat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 am

Even tho I am yet just a Sprout I am now a big bad Mod!

A Moderators job is much like herding cats. Just trying to keep things orderly and right the ship when it goes off course.

I have been on forums where some mods think they are God-Almighty and that is farthest from my attitude as you can get. A Mod named Mikey at the now-defunct Cannabis Culture forums was in charge when I first signed up in Feb '09 and I was head Admin when it abruptly shut down in Jan '19. About two weeks before my 10th anniversary there. Seems the Prince of Pot isn't as Princely as he seemed. ;)

Mikey was stripped of any authority and then banned for life when I was just a Mod. At the time there was 1 Admin,(SeaWeed), and us 3 mods. It was 4-0 tho I voted to let him back as a regular user under scrutiny at first. He tried many times to register new accounts but I ferreted him out each time and banned his sorry ass every time he tried. Abused the crap out of everyone but met his match with me in the ShoutBox, aka ShortBus. Years of USENET troll hunting had fine-tuned my flame-war skills. I also have mad skills tracing IP and MAC addresses too. PC, Mac, iTab or any smart phone and device is fair game.

I'm not the first guy and most likely not to be the last guy who gets all bent out of shape with booze or other drug of choice then get all mangry about some post and vent all over it. Shit happens Right!

Something like that won't get you banned but might get you a firm PM to cease and desist and depending on severity you might be blocked from the forums for a period of time. Go stand in the corner until you can come out and play nicely with the other kids. ;)

I don't know half the rules here myself but I sure know trolls, spammers and a-holes when I see them and plan to deal with each appropriately as they appear.

I'm setting off on a planned breeding hobby after 20 years of pollen-chucking to produce fem seeds of high medicinal and stoner properties to share with anybody who needs them.

I'm not really great on filling orders so if anyone of good repute would be cool with taking bulk loads of seeds and sending them out to members I'd love to hear from you!

:peace:
Bad things happen to good people to balance the good things that happen to bad people.

odam2k
Curing

Re: High, I'm your latest Mod

Post by odam2k » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:18 am

Right On!

Well said, firm, but fair :)

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 am

odam2k wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:18 am
Right On!

Thanx. It's really weird but as I age I seem to open up more to new things. Still confused about the whole LGBTC-LMNOP stuff but have had gay friends for 40+ years and never had a problem with any of that. I've had many woman ask me if I was gay but left them convinced that such was not the case. ;)

My 9 yo niece has purple hair then asks me why mu hair is so long. I asked her why hers was so long and she said, 'Because girls grow it long'

I was a bit disappointed with her response. Where did this come from? It belongs in the 50s when I was still filling a diaper for fug sake!

My hair is a lot longer than hers but it's all natural. I didn't rag on her about hers being violet! Pretty sure that came out of a bottle somewhere!

Just the cutest little girl tho and glued to her tablet the whole time other than supper which she barely ate.

I ate a huge slab of salmon and even loved picking the bones out before I swallowed. Fresh out of the Fraser a week prior and purchased by my host from an indigenous neighbour.

I don't want to leave but the call of home is strong. Getting the wife a 50+" 4K TV so she can do everything from the couch. Those tumors in her liver are messing her up and if it's bad I want her to be comfy with all her stuff at her fingertips. She doesn't complain one little bit but I'm freaking out inside. I was about to sell the farm8 months ago. Give her half and go my own way. Like Campbell River way.

What kind of a-hole would I be to do that now eh. Already promised to be there come-what-may and she's busy doing the RSO I made for her and next week when I get home I'll be cranking out lots more. I have near 2 lbs of bud ready to make oil with, 120g of dry-sift kief and 4 2L cams of packed in sugar leave froze fresh to make oil etc out of.

It's long been my ambition to have enough bud in reserve or RSO to save someone should the need arise. Just never thought it would be someone so close to me. We're even the same blood type. A+ I've donated blood 46 times. She tried but she was too small at 95lbs. She's almost 120 now so I want my share g'damn it! lol

We both smoke and damn near quit many times but now we have to. That crap is a negative input and she needs nothing but positives if she is going to be real about this. I got 20 days in smoke free 6 months ago and know I can get rid of that habit for sure. My indigenous son got me a carton of Export 'A' green King Size, ( the Green Death ), for $90 at the reserve liquor store next to Walmart when Costco would have charged my lily-white ass $145 or so. Nice to have connections!

Bad things happen to good people to balance the good things that happen to bad people.

odam2k
Curing

Post by odam2k » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am

LabRat wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 am
My indigenous son got me a carton of Export 'A' green King Size, ( the Green Death ), for $90 at the reserve liquor store next to Walmart when Costco would have charged my lily-white ass $145 or so.
Holy frick! I had no idea they were that expensive these days...

$145 for 8 packs of 25 = $18/pack

Holy Frick!

I smoked 3 packs a day at the time I quit... I couldn't afford to smoke if I wanted to... I'd be better off with a coke habit...

ok, I have one of those, a diet coke habit... LOL

...holy frick...

odam2k
Curing

Post by odam2k » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am

plus tax?

zoicster
Drying

Post by zoicster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am

I do find it kind of nice to be a moderator again after so many years of missing it.
It really is a cat and mouse game with trolls and spammers, and I have run across a few mice that were very good at it. In the end it does not really matter, as long as you remember, you are the cat now.
I never thought when I grew old that I would be a grumpy curmudgeon but here I am KILLING IT.

Saboo
Drying

Post by Saboo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Better y'all than me. I find being a mod or admin like being a job steward, it's a thankless and unappreciated task. About the only time you get feedback is when somebody bitches.
:geek: Plant Pimp in Training :geek:

zoicster
Drying

Post by zoicster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:59 pm

I used to feel that way which is why I quit doing it for many years. Now I rather enjoy playing whack-a-troll.
I never thought when I grew old that I would be a grumpy curmudgeon but here I am KILLING IT.

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:07 pm

odam2k wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am
LabRat wrote:
My indigenous son got me a carton of Export 'A' green King Size, ( the Green Death ), for $90 at the reserve liquor store next to Walmart when Costco would have charged my lily-white ass $145 or so.
Holy frick! I had no idea they were that expensive these days...

$145 for 8 packs of 25 = $18/pack

Holy Frick!

I smoked 3 packs a day at the time I quit... I couldn't afford to smoke if I wanted to... I'd be better off with a coke habit...

ok, I have one of those, a diet coke habit... LOL

...holy frick...
10 packs of 20 here in BC. 25s in AB. $15 for 20 at gas stations. I'd be a rich man had I saved that money over the years but likely would have blown it on something else just as foolish.

Saving a shitload growing my own pot tho. :)

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Saboo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Better y'all than me. I find being a mod or admin like being a job steward, it's a thankless and unappreciated task. About the only time you get feedback is when somebody bitches.
True enough but someone has to do it or the places get overrun with spammers and other a-holes.

We need a Hug-A-Mod holiday or some other crap I guess. lol

I have been a shop steward at 3 different companies and kicked management ass each time. Got me out of work a lot so it wasn't so bad.

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:13 pm

zoicster wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am
I do find it kind of nice to be a moderator again after so many years of missing it.
It really is a cat and mouse game with trolls and spammers, and I have run across a few mice that were very good at it. In the end it does not really matter, as long as you remember, you are the cat now.
Who you callin' pussy? ;)

Jefferson1977
Curing

Post by Jefferson1977 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 am

Stay HIGH and say HIGH for me :mrgreen: P.S. If you see an Uncle Buck around tell him we're hunting wabbits...
So many strains, so little time...

Stiggy
Seed

Post by Stiggy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm

We Love Ya Rat

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:25 am

Luvs ya too guys.

Pricks at the insurance company want a birth certificate or a passport fro primary ID and consider my Alberta driver's license secondary. Won't transfer title 'til I get something. Had to call the wife and get her to crack my safe to get it. Can't find the f'n thing for hours, rips my mancave apart them finally finds it in the damn safe. Old, falling apart paper one. Took a good pic and texted it to me. Better be good enough or someone gonna get hurt real bad. The wrath of the crotchety old man!

Snowing like a bitch thru the Rockies south so may have to go north and try the Pine Pass again. Can't be worst than the last time or I'm dead for sure.

Jefferson1977
Curing

Post by Jefferson1977 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Safe drivin' dude!
So many strains, so little time...

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 am

Drove straight thru in 19 hours. 3 hours of stops at least. 1,324.8km according to my reset trip meter. Haven't done the mileage calculations yet as my brain is just a mud pie right now. Got home at 6am, unloaded the car, grabbed a couple hours of sleep then took the car to town and washed it before dropping it off at the garage for inspection. Hoping it's done in time tomorrow so I can get the reg done.

Hit a nice patch of black ice and damn hit a moose but other than that the drive was par for the course.

Idiots at the insurance company in BC wanted my birth certificate or passport so just got a bill of sale from my sister and my insurance company here set me up with a pink slip so I was legal to drive it back. Now I'll have to mail my sister's plates back so can get her refund when she cancels the insurance at her end.

Coyotes and mice besieging my castle. Lead sleeping pills for the former and a good stomp for the latter!

Ain't in the mood.

vianarchris
Vegging

Post by vianarchris » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:25 am

LabRat wrote:
odam2k wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:18 am
Right On!

We both smoke and damn near quit many times but now we have to. That crap is a negative input and she needs nothing but positives if she is going to be real about this. I got 20 days in smoke free 6 months ago and know I can get rid of that habit for sure.
I'm on day 13 of not smoking. I've tried quitting many times before, but this time it just feels easier. I've been smoking since I was 11 and I'm almost 57, so it's long past time. Part of it was money, but the biggest motivator is health. I've been smoking a shitload of weed instead, but I'm going to try switching to a vape instead.

zoicster
Drying

Post by zoicster » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Congrats sir, the two week mark seems to be important to a lot of people. This time I am not counting the days since I feel that somehow implies it is just a matter of time until I quit quitting. Keep it up, you can do it.

LabRat
Flowering

Post by LabRat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 am

I made 21 days the last time I quit about a year ago then a friend laid 2lbs of nice leaf tobacco on me and I couldn't let that go to waste. ;)

Keep it up Vianarchris! I was feeling lots better after 3 weeks and I'm headed that way again soon. Wife too as it has to be a team effort this time for her health especially.

Found a great deal on a 55" smart TV for her and ordered it today from The Source. Have to go to the city 2hrs away to get it but want to hit Costco and visit some friends anyways. Scratch and dent deal but a $1,100 TV for $400. They won't deliver this far north so that's the closest store for pickup. Dude at the store said if it has any scratches on the screen he will give me a new one with the same features as this one and it has all the bells and whistles but assures me it's likely just a couple scratches on the frame or something trivial like that. I don't want perfect anyway or it won't fit with our home decor motif. Early Garage Sale. :D